BSC 2346 Anatomy and Physiology Module 11 Final Exam
BSC 2346 Anatomy and Physiology Module 11 Final Exam
Anatomy & Physiology 1 FINAL
- A neurotransmitter bound to a postsynaptic neuron membrane will affect its permeability of certain ions that will either cause an increase OR decrease ability to initiate an action potential?
- The central nervous system provides neural integration of efferent information transmitted from the autonomic nervous system?
- The sense of taste depends upon the binding of food molecules dissolved in saliva onto sensory hair cells?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding neurons?
- The melanocytes are the most common cell in the epidermis and produce melanin?
- What statement is true regarding the eye?
- The nerve plexuses of the body allow for individual nerves to have axons from multiple nerve root levels?
- What statement is NOT true regarding the peripheral nervous system (PNS)?
- A tendon is a band of connective tissue that attaches and stabilizes one bone to another within a joint?
- What is not a symptom of diabetes mellitus?
- Which statement is correct regarding the dorsal horn of the spinal cord?
- What statement is NOT true regarding the special senses?
- Which eye condition best describes the vision impairment that occurs when individuals age and the lens becomes less flexibility which causes the refracted light to fall behind the retina?
- What is NOT true of aerobic and anaerobic cellular respiration?
- This sensory region of the cerebrum is involved with the ability to understand written and spoken language?
- What statement is NOT true regarding the endocrine system?
- Grey matter of nerve tissue is a region or collection of nerve cell bodies whose main function is to transmit nerve impulses from one region of the nervous system to another?
- The cerebellum is primarily involved with conscious thought and emotions?
- This organelle is responsible for producing adenosine triphosphate (ATP)?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding the special senses?
- The autonomic nervous system will innervate both internal organs and skeletal muscles?
The spiral organ contains hair cells that form action potentials when stimulated to allow for the sense of smell to occur?
- Peripheral neuropathy can cause damage to axons of peripheral nerves leading to dysfunction of the conduction of an action potential?
- Which endocrine hormone, in higher quantities, can suppress the function of the immune system and decrease inflammation of the body?
- Both aldosterone and antidiuretic hormones have indirect effects of increasing blood volume and blood pressure?
- Which statement is true regarding the neuron synapse?
- What statement is true regarding reflexes?
- Damage to a lower motor neuron can cause a positive Babinski’s sign?
- Which endocrine hormone influences the uterine contractions during pregnancy and stimulates breast milk ejection during breast-feeding?
- Hyperthyroidism is commonly caused by insufficient amounts of the element iodine within the body? B) False
- Which region of the brain stem is associated with nuclei centers that control various autonomic activities such as sneezing, coughing and respiration rate?
- Which of the following is NOT necessary for muscle contraction to occur?
- Which statement is true regarding action potentials?
- Which type of neuroglia cell forms myelin sheaths on axons within the peripheral nervous system?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding myelin sheaths?
- One of the main functions of the gyri and sulci is to allow for increased surface area of the cerebral cortex?
- Which endocrine hormone is involved with increasing the blood calcium levels of the body?
- What sense organ allows for detection of the position of the head in the gravitational field?
- The parasympathetic nervous system is a branch of the somatic efferent peripheral nervous system while the sympathetic is a branch of the viscera efferent peripheral nervous system?
- Blockage of the auditory (Eustachian) tube can result in conductive hearing loss?
- This endocrine hormone is stored in the posterior pituitary and increases the amount of water reabsorbed in the kidneys increasing blood pressure and blood volume?
- What is not a function of cerebrospinal fluid?
- What statement is NOT true of epiphyseal plates?
- The spinal cord travels from the foramen magnum of the occipital bone down to the sacrum region?
- What is NOT true of the ciliary body and ciliary processes of the eye?
- Which cranial nerve is not involved in motor control of eye movement?
- Addison’s disease is due to increased amounts of cortisol being secreted?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding the meninges and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)?
- A dermatome is associated with a specific cranial nerve that innervates the body’s skin?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding a spinal (peripheral) nerve?
- This type of bone cell will breakdown the matrix of the bone tissue and release calcium into the bloodstream?
- Which statement is NOT true of dendrites?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding skeletal muscle tissue?
- Which statement is true regarding the white matter of the spinal cord?
- What statement is NOT true of otitis media?
- Which statement is NOT true regarding the CNS?
- What is NOT a symptom of hypothyroidism?
- Which of the following is not an effect of the parasympathetic nervous system?
- Red bone marrow is only found in spongy bone and is involved in hemopoiesis?
- Both the epidermis and dermis contain blood vessels?
Use the following coupon code :