Ethical Dilemma in Psychology
Ethical Dilemma in Psychology
References included must be from:
Fisher, C. B. (20120904). Decoding the Ethics Code: A Practical Guide for Psychologists, 3rd Edition. Also 3 references from the 3 articles chosen from the library to support your topic. Please follow the Rubric attached. A minimum of 4 references.
In a 3-5 page scholarly paper, integrate information from multiple sources regarding an ethical topic of your choice. You will also explore how personal beliefs, values, and biases can impact ethical decision making and how you will apply the Ethics Code in I/O Psychology. The majority of the paper will focus on the synthesis of information from your sources. The exploration of personal beliefs, values, and biases should be no more than 1 page.
Use the readings from Units 1, 2, and 3 to guide your topic selection using the APA Ethics Code. Once you select a topic, find and incorporate at least three articles from the Kaplan Library pertaining to your topic. Ethical Dilemma in Psychology
In this paper, you will synthesize the readings from the textbook along with the articles you chose. Consider the following:
- What is the main issue the author is addressing?
- What is the author’s central point?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the article?
- What makes the article interesting and important?
- How will this synthesis of what the author has to say help you apply what you are learning to your own work in the profession?
After synthesizing the ideas from the readings (articles and textbook), reflect on your personal background (biases, beliefs, values, etc.) and discuss how this could influence your ethical decision making. How will you balance your personal influences with the guidelines you find in the Ethics Code? How will you apply the Ethics Code in your career?
The paper should:
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Kaplan University Writing Center for help.
Your paper should include:
- Title Page
- Main Body of the paper (3- to 5-pages)
- Reference Page
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Arts and Sciences
Course: PS502 Ethics and Standards of Professional Psychology
A description of all Assignments/Projects to be completed can be found under each of the units in the course. Rubrics for all assignments/projects can be found below.
Unit 3 Project Rubric % – Points Points
Course Content Student synthesizes and addresses the following:
(1) What are the main issues the authors are addressing in the articles?
(2) What are the author’s central points they are making.
(3) What are the strengths and weaknesses of the articles?
(4) What makes the articles interesting and important?
(5) How will this synthesis of what the authors have to say help you make application of the material in your own work?
Uses appropriate references to course material in addition to the required number of scholarly resources.
0 – 100 Student clearly synthesizes ideas from the readings, reflects on their personal background and discusses how this could influence their future work in psychology. In addition, student clearly discusses:
(1) How they will balance personal influences with the ethics code regarding ethical decision making.
(2) How the ethics code will be applied in their career.
0 – 35 Writing Style and Mechanics: Includes introduction with clear thesis statement, complete paragraphs, and brief summary paragraph rephrasing thesis. 0 – 20 APA Style: Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and APA format. Meets the 3 – 5 page essay requirement, which does not include the cover and reference page. 0 – 20 Total 175 Unit 6 Project Rubric % – Points Points
Course Content Student evaluates how the code of ethics works in a religious/spiritual therapy. 0 – 50 Student work demonstrates a review of the standards of the code covered in class thus far clearly addressing why the APA ethical standards are important in this type of therapy.. Student incorporates 3-5 journal articles in the review. Student cites/references the textbook as appropriate. 0 – 45 Writing Style and Mechanics: Includes introduction with clear thesis statement, complete paragraphs, and brief summary paragraph rephrasing thesis. 0 – 15 APA Style: Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and APA format. Meets the 2-3 page length requirements, which does not include the cover and reference page. 0 – 15 Total 125
Updated: April 2016
Use the following coupon code :