NR 103 Unit 1 Discussion Latest
NR 103 Unit 1 Discussion Latest
Reintroduce yourself to the group and tell us about yourself. Then answer the following questions. Is this one of your first few college courses? If not, what other courses have you taken? Do you have any other degrees? Have you developed a system that has helped you be a successful student? What was it? What has been your most difficult challenge in school? Test anxiety? Writing papers? Study skills? Note taking? Why? As of today, what do you see as the biggest challenge for you in nursing school?
NR 103 Unit 2 Discussion Latest
1. What new study or learning strategy did you acquire from class, the online seminars, and/or the voiceover PowerPoint?
2. What about it was useful? Why?
3. How will you utilize this strategy in the future?
4. How do you think your general education classes will differ from your nursing classes?
5. Have you used any of these strategies before? What about them worked? What about them did you have to change to fit your needs?
NR 103 Unit 3 Discussion Latest
1. When taking care of patients, why do you think it is important to utilize the appropriate resources?
2. How do you think evidence from nursing journals affects patient care?
3. What role does using the right evidence play in being a professional nurse?
4. What role does understanding plagiarism and academic integrity play in being a professional nurse?
NR 103 Unit 4 Discussion Latest
Challenge of the week: Talk with a friend or family member who has known you for a long time and will be honest with you. Have him or her answer the following questions.
1. What were your first impressions of me, or what type of first impression do others have of me?
2. What does my face look like when I think no one is looking?
3. If you did not know me, based on my nonverbal communication, would you approach me? Why or why not?
After you have heard his or her answers, write a reflection on what you learned, making sure to answer the following questions.
1. Did what I learned surprise me?
2. Was it easy to ask these questions and listen to the answers?
3. Based on this information, what do I need to work on so that people see me as a professional in the work environment?
NR 103 Unit 5 Discussion Latest
Research online and find a recent medical error that made the news. Answer the following questions.
1. What happened in the incident?
2. Who was involved?
3. What were the ramifications for the patient and/or staff?
4. Reflect on the incident and think about some causes and possible interventions that could have prevented the error.
NR 103 Unit 6 Discussion Latest
Answer these questions based on the mock schedule you created and the general discussion that occurred in class.
1. What are your top three priorities over the next 3 years?
2. Keeping these priorities in mind, what three things do you need to change to help you be successful?
3. What tools will you use to handle stress?
4. What was the best tip you received from the upperclassmen?
NR 103 Unit 7 Discussion Latest
1. What lessons did you take away from this class?
2. How will what you learned today change you as a nurse?
NR 103 Unit 1 Discussion Latest
NR 101 Final Project Latest
The purpose of this assignment is to give you the opportunity to reflect back on what inspiration you will take with you thru the program, what lessons you will take away from the course, and the ability to write a letter to your future self about where you hope you will be when you graduate Chamberlain.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 2. Identify characteristics of professional behavior including emotional intelligence, communication and conflict resolution.
Please bring a hard copy of your letter and inspiration to class week 8. Please be prepare a 5 minute speech discussing your inspiration and reflections on what you have learned and will use from this course. [Please refer to the course calendar for exact due date].
Requirements and Guidelines
There are three parts to this assignment:
1) Letter for graduation: Your assignment is to write a letter to yourself on your graduation day. We will make sure it is delivered to you in a few short semesters, when you have completed your work here at Chamberlain, and are ready to receive your bachelors of nursing degree.
a. Consider the following questions as you compose your letter:
i. How do you hope you have changed, in terms of knowledge and skills, and also personally?
ii. What would you like to remind yourself about your inspiration for choosing this career?
iii. You will be preparing to take the NCLEX exam, and to start your first job as a bachelor’s prepared nurse. Are there any words of encouragement that you would like to tell your future self?
iv. Are there any words of caution you want to tell yourself – pitfalls to avoid?
v. What kind of nurse do you hope you have become? What further growth and change do you envision for yourself?
b. Bring this letter to the last day of class in an envelope with your name on the front.
2) Inspiration: In addition to the letter, on the last day of class bring in one page that you create that represents your inspiration for becoming a nurse. It may be a picture, a collage, a series of quotes, etc. Choose words and images that are meaningful to you. This should be a picture that you can post somewhere, perhaps where you study, in order to motivate yourself as you move forward on your journey to become a nurse.
3) Reflections Presentation: On the last day of class you will be asked to come prepared to give a short 5-minute speech that discusses the following topics:
a. What does your inspiration mean?
b. Name 1 concept that was challenged you during this course
c. What has been the greatest lesson you have learned?
d. After looking over all that you have learned and the lessons you will be taking with you moving forward, what steps will you be taking to be successful in the program?
Points for Entire Project: 12.5% of Course Grade [125 Points]
Grading Criteria for Final Project
|Category||%||Description: See Rubric for Details|
|Letter for Graduation||31.25 points||· Presented to instructor in class in a sealed envelope with name present|
|Inspiration||31.25 points||· Appropriate picture, collage, or series of quotes|
|Reflection Presentation||62.5 points||Speech includes the following:
|TOTAL||125 points||A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Use the following coupon code :