NRS 434V Week 1 Discussion 1
NRS 434V Week 1 Discussion 1
Discuss disparities related to ethnic and cultural groups relative to low birth weight infants and preterm births. Describe the impact of extremely low birth weight babies on the family and on the community (short-term and long-term, including economic considerations, on-going care considerations, and co-morbidities associated with prematurity). Identify at least one support service within your community for preterm infants and their family. Provide the link for your colleagues to view. Does the service adequately address needs of this population? Explain your answer.
Solutions also available for:
NRS 434V Week 1 Discussion 2
You are the registered nurse performing a health assessment on a newborn infant. From the functional health pattern portion of the assessment, you learn the mother is reluctant to breastfeed her baby. How do you respond? Explain the approach you will take to ensure adequate nutrition for the newborn, with or without breastfeeding. Provide rationale for your answer.
NRS 434V Week 1 Assignment
Environmental Factors and Health Promotion Pamphlet: Accident Prevention and Safety Promotion for Parents and Caregivers of Infants
To prepare for this assignment view the following brief video from the American Medical Association titled, “Health Literacy and Patient Safety: Help Patients Understand.” The video can be accessed through the following link:
Part I: Pamphlet
- Develop a pamphlet to inform parents and caregivers about environmental factors that can affect the health of infants.
- Use the “Pamphlet Template” document to help you create your pamphlet. Include the following:
- Select an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants.
- Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
- Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
- Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. A minimum of three scholarly resources are required.
- Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
- In developing your pamphlet, take into consideration the healthcare literacy level of your target audience.
Part II: Pamphlet Sharing Experience
- Share the pamphlet you have developed with a parent of an infant child. The parent may be a person from your neighborhood, a parent of an infant from a child-care center in your community, or a parent from another organization, such as a church group with which you have an affiliation.
- Provide a written summary of the teaching / learning interaction. Include in your summary:
- Demographical information of the parent and child (age, gender, ethnicity, educational level).
- Description of parent response to teaching.
- Assessment of parent understanding.
- Your impressions of the experience; what went well, what can be improved.
Submit Part I and Part II of the Accident Prevention and Safety Promotion for Parents and Caregivers of Infants assignment by the end of Topic 1.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Use the following coupon code :