SOCS 325 Midterm Exam Latest
SOCS 325 Midterm Exam Latest
Question 1. Question: (TCO 1) Climatologists continue to debate global warming. Which of the following is NOT an argument against the global warming hypothesis?
- Climate variations are normal, cyclical processes.
- The sun may be putting out more radiation then in the measurable past.
- Sunspot activity demonstrates cyclical patterns of activity.
- Average temperatures worldwide have actually been dropping slightly.
Question 2. Question : (TCO 2) The Conservation Reserve Program was funded in the United States to conserve which of the following precious resources?
- Recyclable plastics
Question 3. Question : (TCO 3) Environmental goods and environmental bads are:
- on the whole, evenly distributed among the peoples of the earth.
- disproportionately distributed so that the middle-class must foot the bill.
- unevenly distributed so that those with the least power get the most pollution.
- distributed in a way that those who gain the most benefit also experience the most cost.
Question 4. Question : (TCO 4) All of the following are elements of rational choice theory EXCEPT:
- interest, especially self-interest.
- the quest for personal gain or advantage.
- a hidden agenda among rational actors.
Question 5. Question : (TCO 5) Of the many techniques advertisers use to persuade customers to purchase goods, which is the most effective?
- Appeal to sentiments–accentuating affection, love, belongingness, community, patriotism, and other values that may be conferred upon the consumer by acquisition of the product
- Price advertising–appealing to the financial concerns of consumers
- “You” or status advertising–suggesting the product is offered out of concern for you and will provide heightened prestige to those who acquire it (the product)
- Green advertising–appealing to the environmental concerns of consumers
Question 6. Question : (TCO 6) According to your text, what percent of U.S. carbon dioxide emissions come from automobiles? :
Question 7. Question: (TCO 7) What is the best contraceptive, according to the slogan of the 1974 World Population Conference in Bucharest?
Question 8. Question: (TCO 7) Which of the following does Sen claim will NOT insure food availability?
- Dependable food imports
- Land reform
- Steady employment
Question 9. Question: (TCO 3) What percentage of the world’s original forests remain?
Question 10. Question: (TCO 5) What is the average number of traffic deaths each year in the U.S.?
- Under 4,000
- About 10,000
- About 40,000
- Well over 100,000
Question 1. Question: (TCO 1) Define environmental sociology and what environmental sociologists study. If you were an environmental sociologist, explain your daily day. Compare and contrast how environmental sociologists differ from other types of sociologists.
Question 2. Question: (TCO 2) Describe the environments impact on race, poverty, and disempowerment. Explain how this impacts human inequality and how it creates a community of haves and have nots. Compare and contrast some ways you would solve some of these issues of inequality.
Question 3. Question: (TCO 4) Describe how consumption and materialism impact the physical environment? Give a few examples. Can our society continue to practice materialism and at the same time still become more sustainable? What are some things we overconsume?
Question 4. Question: (TCO 6) Describe green technology’s impact on the global economy and environment. How is green technology being used worldwide in our society? Compare and contrast the pros and cons of green technology.
Question 5. Question: (TCO 7) Describe in detail our population’s impact on the environment. Provide a few detailed examples. Also, compare and contrast population rates in different parts of the world. Which areas are increasing more than others, and why? Do you think the human population will continue to always increase?
Use the following coupon code :