How does a doctorally prepared advanced practice nurse advocate for patients as well as the nursing profession?
DNP 840 Topic 4 DQ 2 : How does a doctorally prepared advanced practice nurse advocate for patients as well as the nursing profession? Is there a symbiotic relationship between the two goals? How is advocacy advanced effectively?
We can also assist you with:
DNP 840 Topic 4 Comprehensive Assessment Part One: Competency Matrix
The DNP comprehensive assessment provides learners the opportunity to demonstrate their achievement of core and specialty DNP competencies. It is also an appraisal of learners’ ability to integrate and synthesize knowledge within the context of their scholarly and practice interests and their readiness to complete the DPI project. The two-part comprehensive assessment includes evaluation of work completed throughout the program and a final synthesis and self-reflection demonstrating achievement of programmatic outcomes.
In Part One of the assessment, learners are required to collect and review coursework deliverables and practice immersion hours completed in the program thus far. In Part Two, learners will be required to synthesize and reflect on their learning and prioritize work for their DPI project.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
To complete Part One of the DNP Comprehensive Assessment:
Use the “Comprehensive Assessment Part One: Competency Matrix” to collect evidence from your completed program coursework to demonstrate how you have met selected competencies of the DNP program. Coursework to review includes:
- Reflective Journals
- Case Reports
- Scholarly Activities (DNP 810, DNP-820, DNP-830, and DNP-840)
- 10 Strategic Points (DNP-820)
- DPI Project Draft Prospectus (DNP-830)
- Literature Review (DNP-830)
- Course-based assignments from prior courses (DNP-805 through DNP-840) eligible for Practice Immersion Hours.
As you complete the matrix, be sure to select key, specific evidence from your coursework and briefly summarize (no more than 1-2 sentences) how selected assignments demonstrate your achievement of program competencies. As you review your work, take time to review your instructor feedback regarding areas that may have been weak or lacking, or where points were not fully addressed or supported in your submission. You will need this information for a discussion question in Topic 4.
Your completed matrix will provide you with a “road map” to focus and direct you in the completion of Comprehensive Assessment Part Two. Before you begin Part Two, take time to note any “blank spaces” in the matrix; these spaces indicate competencies left unmet by your coursework to-date. You will need this information for a discussion question in Topic 4 as well.