DNP 805 Topic 6 Discussions 1 & 2
DNP 805 Topic 6 Discussions 1 & 2
Topic 6 Discussion 1
A patient of your choice is being discharged to home and will use telehealth technology. Post the technology your patient will use at home and how will you connect with the patient using this technology.
Topic 6 Discussion 2
Consider current telehealth strategies and alternatives. Evaluate current implementation strategies for telehealth systems and provide an assessment of the pros and cons. Identify a particular practice area (e.g., clinic, hospital, primary care site) and discuss how you as a health care leader might you implement a similar strategy in that area?
DNP 805 Topic 7 Discussions 1 and 2
Topic 7 Discussion 1
Describe one technology that you use on a daily basis that you thoroughly like or appreciate. What features or elements does that technology provide to you that make it easy, enjoyable, or necessary to use? Name one element of the technology you would change to improve its functionality for your needs?
Topic 7 Discussion 2
Describe one technology that you use on a daily basis that you dislike or that is dissatisfying in some manner. What features or elements of that technology make it difficult, frustrating, or not enjoyable to use? Name one element of the technology you would change to improve its functionality for your needs?
DNP 805 Topic 8 Discussions 1 & 2
Topic 8 Discussion 1
For a specific patient population, select one application or a technology that could effectively increase patient engagement and patient outcomes for your future practice area or work focus. What elements of this application or technology are the most valuable to you? How could you improve this technology?
Topic 8 Discussion 2
Describe how you can apply the spectrum of health care technology options to develop a plan to manage your patient from acute care to home care and then into the community. What organizational, societal, cultural, or other factors might impact your plan, and how could you address these?
DNP 805 Week 8 Assignment Evaluation of Health Care Technology
For this assignment, you will utilize content from the course materials as well as additional qualified resources to synthesize new information which you can apply towards your DPI Project, your future work area or your clinical practice as a DNP-prepared nurse.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
For this assignment, write a 1,000-1,250 word paper in which you:
- Select a technology that has been explored in the course.
- Perform an assessment using elements of user-technology interface or human factors methods to determine functionality.
- Using the content in the readings and textbook, list three elements that will be used to evaluate the user-technology interface.
- Select a technology and list the elements that will be evaluated. Include their definition and describe how the element would be measured or evaluated.
- For each element, propose practicable suggestions for improvement using support from the literature.
Portfolio Practice Hours
It may be possible to earn Portfolio Practice hours for this case report. Enter the following after the references section of your paper:
DNP 805 Health Care Informatics GCU Full Course
DNP 805 Week 8 Assignment Reflective Journal
Learners are required to maintain a reflective journal integrating leadership and inquiry into current practice.
In your journal, reflect on the personal knowledge and skills gained in the this course and address a variable combination of the following: new practice approaches, intraprofessional collaboration, health care delivery and clinical systems, ethical considerations in health care, population health concerns, the role of technology in improving health care outcomes, health policy, leadership and economic models, and/or health disparities. Outline what you have discovered about your professional practice, personal strengths and weaknesses that surfaced, what additional resources and abilities could be introduced to a given situation to influence optimal outcomes, and finally how you met the competencies aligned to this course.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Submit your reflective journal both to the instructor and in the Typhon Tracking System under the corresponding course section. Failure to submit your journal in both the course room and Typhon systems may result in a grade of Incomplete for the course.