SPD 200 Topic 4 DQ 1 & 2
SPD 200 Topic 4 DQ 1 & 2
Topic 4 DQ 1
Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the co-teaching options presented in this week’s readings. Of the options presented, which do you plan to use within your classroom and why?
Topic 4 DQ 2
Review the assignment scenario for this week. Identify and describe two recommended strategies that you would use to de-escalate the situation. Rationalize your choices.
This is a Block I Field Experience. In this block, your field experience must be completed before or after school, or other designated times when students are not present.
Spend at least 2.5 hours to complete the following field experience.
Interview a certified special education teacher at the educational level (PK- 12) of your program, about the following:
- What are some similarities and differences among students with and without exceptionalities?
- What are some characteristics of various exceptionalities and the educational implications for students with exceptionalities?
- What is the effect an exceptionality can have on a student’s academic and social development, attitudes, interests, and values?
- How do you collaborate with general education teachers?
- In what ways do you address the unique learning needs of the individuals with exceptionalities in the classroom, including for those students with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds?
- How do you protect the privacy of students with exceptionalities? What are some dilemmas you have experienced with this?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview and on the professionalism and integrity of protecting student privacy. In addition, be sure to explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice, citing two recommended strategies for differentiating instruction based on learning differences. SPD 200 Survey of Special Education GCU Full Course
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Document the hours and locations that you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form with the last assignment by the assignment due date. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.