In Part 3 of the Course Project, you consider how the evidence you gathered during Part 2 can be translated into nursing practice.Now that you have located available research on your PICOT question, you will examine what the research indicates about nursing practices. Connecting research evidence and findings to actual decisions and tasks that nurses complete in their daily practice is essentially what evidence-based practice is all about. This final component of the Course Project asks you to translate the evidence and data from your literature review into authentic practices that can be adopted to improve health care outcomes. In addition, you will also consider possible methods and strategies for disseminating evidence-based practices to your colleagues and to the broader health care field.
To prepare for NURS 6052 Week 10 – Application Project Part 3:
- Consider Parts 1 and 2 of your Course Project (dear writer, I have past and copied the parts 1 and 2 at the end of this paper, please review and use them). How does the research address your PICOT question?
- With your PICOT question in mind, identify at least one nursing practice that is supported by the evidence in two or more of the articles from your literature review. Consider what the evidence indicates about how this practice contributes to better outcomes.
- Explore possible consequences of failing to adopt the evidence-based practice that you identified.
- Consider how you would disseminate information about this evidence-based practice throughout your organization or practice setting. How would you communicate the importance of the practice?NURS 6052 Week 10 – Application Project Part 3
In a 3- to 4-page paper:
- Restate your PICOT question and its significance to nursing practice.
- Summarize the findings from the articles you selected for your literature review. Describe at least one nursing practice that is supported by the evidence in the articles. Justify your response with specific references to at least 2 of the articles.
- Explain how the evidence-based practice that you identified contributes to better outcomes. In addition, identify potential negative outcomes that could result from failing to use the evidence-based practice.
- Outline the strategy for disseminating the evidence-based practice that you identified throughout your practice setting. Explain how you would communicate the importance of the practice to your colleagues. Describe how you would move from disseminating the information to implementing the evidence-based practice within your organization. How would you address concerns and opposition to the change in practice?
NURS 6052 Week 10 – Application Project Part 3
This part of the Course Project is due by Day 7 of Week 10. It should be combined with the other two components of the Course Project and turned in as your Portfolio Assignment for this course.NURS 6052 Week (1-11) – Essentials of Evidence-Based Practice Essay.
|Note: In addition, include a 1-page summary of your project.|
For this final iteration, you will need to:
- Submit your paper to Grammarly and Turnitin through the Writing Center. Based on the Grammarly and Turnitin reports, revise your paper as necessary.
- Reminder: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The School of Nursing Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available from the Walden University website found in this week’s Learning Resources). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
Polit, D. F., & Beck, C. T. (2012). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Please use 4 more references
* Use the following format. Please also include titles for each paragraph so the paper is easier to follow and understand
- Introduction paragraph.
- The last phrase of the paragraph should say: “the purpose of this paper is to examine…”
- It should start with “the purpose of this paper was to analyze …”NURS 6052 Week (1-11) – Essentials of Evidence-Based Practice Essay.