PSYCH 500 Lifespan Development Discussion AssignmentsPSYCH 500 Lifespan Development Discussion Assignments
PSYCH 500 Week 1 DQ 1
PSYCH 500 Week 1 DQ 2
PSYCH 500 Week 1 Individual Peer Reviewed Article Summaries
PSYCH 500 Week 2 DQ 1
PSYCH 500 Week 2 Individual Field Research
PSYCH 500 Week 2 Learning Team Outline for Week 3 Team assignment
PSYCH 500 Week 3 DQ 1
PSYCH 500 Week 3 DQ 2
PSYCH 500 Week 3 Individual Developmental Profile
PSYCH 500 Week 3 Individual Outline for week 6 Paper
PSYCH 500 Week 3 Learning Team ERR Summaries And Toy Evaluation Field Research
PSYCH 500 Week 4 DQ 1
PSYCH 500 Week 4 DQ 2
PSYCH 500 Week 4 Individual Similarities and Differences in Adolescent Development
PSYCH 500 Week 4 Learning Team Outline Week 5 Assignment
PSYCH 500 Week 5 DQ 1
PSYCH 500 Week 5 DQ 2
PSYCH 500 Week 5 Individual Senior City Interview
PSYCH 500 Week 5 Learning Team Kohlberg’s Moral Development
PSYCH 500 Week 6 DQ 1
PSYCH 500 Week 6 DQ 2
PSYCH 500 Week 6 Individual Assignment Paper on Significant Topic of your Choice
PSYCH 500 Lifespan Development Discussion Assignments
Describe methods researchers use to determine “how much” heredity and environment influence complex human characteristics. Give an example of how this information could help to explain a complex trait.
PSYCH 500 Week 1 DQ 2
Explain how cultural values and practices, public policies, and political and economic conditions affect human development
Using the University Library, browse through a number of articles from peer-reviewed journals in Developmental Psychology. A few examples of appropriate journals are provided below. Read several abstracts (at least 12). Select three articles that address topics that you may want to investigate further in your Week Six paper (see Week Six for full assignment details). Write a one paragraph summary of each article, explaining what you found most interesting and why. After each summary, provide the full reference for the article in APA style.
Possible journals to explore include:
Psychology and Aging
Journal of Early Intervention
Journal of Educational Psychology
Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology
Learning and Individual Differences
Journal of Early Adolescence
Journal of Research on Adolescence
Gerontology and Geriatrics Education
Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology
PSYCH 500 Week 2 DQ 1
Define the word teratogen and summarize the factors that affect the impact of teratogens on prenatal development. Give at least 2 examples and discuss the evidence supporting the harmful impact of each.
PSYCH 500 Week 2 DQ 2
Describe and interpret the relationship between secure attachment in infancy and later development.
Consider the following:
Many products, diets, and services are marketed to parents as beneficial to infant or toddler development. In order to increase sales to parents and caretakers, some companies use marketing strategies that make exaggerated, unfounded, or unrealistic claims about the effects of their product(s) on child development. Select one claim that you suspect to be exaggerated or false (your research may in fact show the claim has validity). Describe in detail what the advertised product, diet, or service is supposed to do. Some examples are:
• Educational videos as related to language development
• Effects of classical music on cognitive development
• Benefits of soy diet or organic food diet on physical and cognitive development
• Service promising to teach your 18-month-old how to read
• Any other claim made by a manufacturer or service provider, aimed at enhancing infant or toddler development
Write a 1,400- to 1,650-word paper addressing the following:
• What area or areas of development does the product, diet, or service claim to enhance?
• Use the library to investigate the claim. What does the published literature say about the issue or concern that you are investigating? What does the research reveal about how to promote healthy development in this area or areas? What does this reveal about the necessity and actual benefits of the product, diet, or service?
• Is there any evidence to support the claim? Why or why not?
• Imagine that a licensed psychologist in your state publically endorsed a product with no empirical evidence supporting its claims. It was later discovered that the psychologist was receiving a percentage of money from the sale of the product to parents. Is this a violation of the APA code of ethics? Explain. Be sure to cite the appropriate section or sections of the Code in your response.
Investigate the claim using your textbook and a minimum of four additional scholarly sources (such as peer reviewed journal articles).
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Note: You may not find a peer-reviewed journal article on a specific product, diet, or service. However, you will most likely be able to find peer-reviewed journal articles on the general issue that you are investigating. For example, if you are investigating educational videos that claim that cognitive skills in infancy are enhanced by using a particular approach or method, you can then review and evaluate studies that focus on enhancing cognitive skills in infancy. Review the evidence for and against the use of specific techniques and summarize your findings.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.