SOC 386 Week 2 Discussion
SOC 386 Week 2 Discussion
1. Examine your role in a job that you had or that you are currently doing. Discuss your role from the perspective of social structure. Include social norms such as conceptions and expectations in your analysis. How can you apply this to your role as a generalist practitioner? Explain.
2. What type of social work do you want to do? (Family and children) Discuss four behaviors that you will need to incorporate into the development of your professional identity as a generalist practitioner. What do you anticipate might be barriers to the development of your professional identity? How does a Christian worldview influence your professional identity?
SOC 386 Week 2 – Evaluating Social System Structures
Human Behavior and the Social Environment Social Systems Theory and review the Families and Work Institute website. Read the case example in Chapter 3: “The Strengths Perspective” in the e-book Applying Theory to Generalist Social Work Practice. This is the case example from chapter listed below.
In a 500- to 750-word paper, do the following:
1. Evaluate and discuss the case relative to each of the following concepts: client/social worker boundaries, roles, suprasystems, interface, inputs, outputs, structures, and feedback. Give examples from the case for three of these elements.
2. What interventions from the strengths perspective would you use to assist the family?
Provide a minimum of three to five scholarly sources to support your content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
Evaluating Social System Structures
SOC 386 Week 3 Assignment: Application of Psycho-social Theory
Review all the resources for this topic and watch the video Alzheimer’s Patient Case Study. Write a 750- to 1,000-word essay that includes the following:
1. What do you think the role of the generalist practitioner would be for the caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients?
2. Include your recommendations for coping with the following challenges for the Alzheimer’s patient and the caregiver: biological, social, cultural, psychological, and spiritual development.
3. Based on the competencies from the Geriatric Social Work Competency Scale II, discuss what skills you would most like to gain as a beginning practitioner in the field of aging/gerontology?
4. Reflect on the knowledge that you gained from watching this video. Analyze why or why not you might have an interest in working with seniors or the elderly.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
Application of Psychosocial Theory to Gerontology Systems.
Use the following coupon code :